Amazon is really good company
- Interview Difficulty
- Best Place to work
- Benefits at Amazon
How to prepare for Amazon company?
Programmers, Follow these easy basic steps to prepare amazon interviews
- You should know about Amazon company Like projects, team, campus details etc. You can spend some time here and read this article.
- Learn any one OOP programming languages: Like Java, C++, Python.
- Learn Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Practice – Code! Code! Code! – Every day 2hours minimum.
- Go through Amazon interview experiences.
- Prepare your resume & read it 10 times before interview.
Why choose Amazon company?
Programmers, Why to prepare for Amazon company let’s see
- The company has ranked at 2nd position in the list of World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine in 2017.
- The World’s Most Innovative Company Of 2017.
- Amazon.com Wins NRF’s “Retailer Of The Year” Award in 2017.
Amazon has mainly 5 teams for our interest! Let’s see where your interest and skills match.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit of Amazon. Since early 2006, Amazon Web Services has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud. Using AWS, companies can requisition compute power, storage, and other services—gaining access to a global computing infrastructure that is the backbone of Amazon’s multi-billion dollar retail business. At AWS, we’re committed to providing developers and their companies with the tools and services they need to be successful.
When customers shop on Amazon.com, they expect a safe, simple and consistent experience. A large number of systems and services contribute to that experience, from identity services to massive data warehouses and innovations specifically focusing on managing the incredible scale and complexity of operating one of today’s most successful businesses. eCommerce Foundation (eCF) owns the core systems, services and infrastructure behind Amazon.com, delivering key aspects of the Amazon shopping experience, managing hosting for Amazon websites worldwide and creating and managing the services that technology teams across the company use to develop and run their systems.
This is 4 to 5 years old team. Most of the people know Amazon online book business. This team has built a store in 13 places of US. It applied Amazon’s 20 years of online bookselling experience to get an advantage of offline bookselling.
Are you a fan of Siri, Google now? Amazon also started bringing user-delighting, voice-activated experiences to Amazon customers with Amazon Alexa device.
This team is currently located in Seattle, Boston, Sunnyvale, Irvine, Poland, Germany, the UK, India (Bangalore Bagmane Tech Park), Italy, and Luxembourg.
www.primevideo.com – This team focused on one mission: to give consumers the world’s best-in-class digital video customer experience. The Prime Video team has offices in over 15 major cities across the globe.
Amazon Interview Process
- Telephonic interview/ Online coding: This rounds focus on basic problem solving using Data structures and algorithms. You will get mail from HR to apply online coding test. It can have 3-4 problems to submit or you can have telephonic round from the hiring team.
- 2-4 onsite interviews: If you have clear first round then they will invite for onsite interviews. These rounds focus on programming skills. This depends on your number of experience.
- 1 Software Design Interview: This round involves with high-level software design architectures. You must be good at design patterns and OOPS concepts. Mainly focus on how to make scalable & reliable software architecture.
- Hiring Manager Round: It will try to know your problem-solving skills, time management, your previous work experience.
- Bar Raiser Round: This round can be the most difficult round among all. Here they will try to know how you can fit with Amazon company’s culture.
Fun facts about Amazon
- Founded – July 5, 1994, by Jeff Bezos
- Corporate headquarters – Seattle, Washington, U.S.
- Revenue – Fiscal 2017 Revenues: US$177.86 billion (2017)
- Employees – 566,000(2017)
Amazon Tech Interview Tips Video
Benefits at Amazon
- Financial security
- Health Care
- Employee assistance
- Time off
- Employee Stock